FW: If you can't beat'em, slur'em: ABC attacks organic food

DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com DANIEL.DAVIES at flemings.com
Mon Feb 7 04:30:43 PST 2000

>Fumento! A few years back I stumbled on the book "Small is Beautiful"
>by E. F. Schumacher in a used book store. It's full of ideas that, I
>think, are valuable to anybody in engineering - at least I learned a lot
>from it and what I learned has been very useful to me.

At which point, it seems as apropos as it ever will to suggest that any lbo-ites ever holidaying in the UK might like to drop in at the Centre for Alternative Technology in Machynlleth, Wales. It's a group of people trying to live by Schumacher's ideas, and is a cracking day out for all the family -- if your family is interested in waterwheels and levers & stuff. It's a great place.

dd

___________________________________________________________________________ _____

This email is confidential to the ordinary user of the

e-mail address to which it was addressed. If you are not

the intended recipient, please notify the sender

immediately on (44) 171 638 5858 and delete the message

from all locations in your computer. You should not copy

this email or use it for any purpose, or disclose its

contents to any person : to do so may be unlawful.

Email is an informal method of communication and is

subject to possible data corruption, either accidentally

or on purpose. Flemings is unable to exercise control

over the content of information contained in

transmissions made via the Internet. For these reasons

it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information

contained on email without obtaining written confirmation

of it.