The Psychoses (was Re: ...muck...)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Feb 7 07:24:18 PST 2000

kelley wrote:

> oh fercryinoutloud! ken's drawing on lacanian theory. he used a term
> used within that tradition of theorizing that has *very* little to do with
> mental states of people and has to do with ethical reasoning.

Ken is engaged in precisely the kind of shit that first provoked my politicization several years before I dreamt of becoming a marxist. Apparently Ken's whole world revolves around put-downs of the bulk of the human species. He uses Lacanianism as a club. That is contemptible. It also brings out clearly that Lacan's theories are not only silly but aggessively corrupt and corrupting.

And while the incorrect technical use of "psychosis" as indicating a form of mental illness might possibly be excusable as due to invincible ignorance, its use as an ethical term puts it in the same category as n...... and c...

Carrol