Breaking Butterflies & Poisoning Wells

Mattcapri at aol.com Mattcapri at aol.com
Mon Feb 7 20:25:54 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/7/00 10:34:09 AM, cbcox at ilstu.edu writes:

<<Just what is the direct relevance of Clark Kissinger and the RCP to the Mumia campaign? I call it poisoning the wells of discourse, otherwise known as red-baiting. The only (honest) question about Clark Kissinger in the context of the Mumia campaign is a concrete judgement of what he has done and said in that campaign. Criticism of that might be opportune or useful, might be trivial, or might be unfortunate, but it would at least be honest. Does anyone have such criticism to offer? And is it specifically of Clark Kissinger and not merely of some general feature of the Mumia struggle?

Carrol

P.S. Someone really went off the radar screen -- he suggested that Clark K was putting himself on good behavior in the Mumia campaign just to make himself look respectable. This is the furthest stretch of red-baiting: whenever communists say or do something right, they are just being sly. A year or so on femecon-l Doug objected vociferously to this kind of argumentation from Barbara Bergmann After over a quarter of a century of disliking the RCP and its predecessors I now find myself thinking that their ethics are a bit higher than typical lbo-talk behavior

I have to agree, its one thing to know where the bodies are buried, but at what point does one become a 'truffle pig?' mcapri