Ford To Offer Employees Home PCs (fwd)

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Tue Feb 8 05:05:24 PST 2000

Mike---How about that Ford profit sharing!!! My neighbors averaged $8,000 dollars in profit sharing last year. That's average profit sharing. Word on the street has it that some of the folks in the 'hood got over 12 grand. For example my neighbor Mr. Perfect who does a similiar job for the UAW that I do for the Steelworkers no doubt broke into the 5 figure column. Mr.Perfect is a nice guy--he has a perfect lawn--a perfect home--and does everything perfect or so my wife tells me. Me I still haven't taken the Christmas lights down or thoroughly cleaned up my desk at home to the little dear's satisfaction. I won't even mention the state of my garage.

Then there are my UAW electrical pals like Ralph. Ralph already has some sort of mysterious high speed cable hook-up to the internet. It's mysterious to me anyway. I got a lousy average 48k bps connection and Ralphie is on there at light speed. After this profit sharing check I expect to see a tractor trailer unloading a super computer into Ralph's garage.

Tom