Anyone heard the rumours?

Rob Schaap rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au
Tue Feb 8 06:56:28 PST 2000

G'day Daniel,

Well, I assume you've been hovering around the coffee machine to get the dirt. Or perused the markets for sign, or rung an old drinking buddy over at BoA, or asked your omniscient boss why a billion-dollar bath doesn't make the Beeb Business Report (which was all agog about the Yahoo hack and how this thoroughly unsurprising news spells the end of corporate security and the shape of postmodern warfare - how's Bloomberg treating it? No gratifyingly shrill note of panic? No indication it's time time to give up on the super, chuck the VISA at gold, and plant some broadbeans?).

C'mon - let's have it, comrade!

Yours pleadingly, Rob.

PS That single malt never made it, alas.