What Nader fails to understand

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Tue Feb 8 14:24:12 PST 2000

Hi,

At a regional meeting May 31, 1997 at Boston College on globalization run by Naderites, issues of the antimsemitic (and fascist) Spotlight were being quietly passed out. When I asked the meeting organizers to make some comment distancing themsleves from the Spotlight, as well as the John Birch Society (since there was a large stack of JBS magazines on a literature table), I was scolded and told that they were trying to build a broad coalition. This was a meeting that featured Lori Wallach, Pat Choate, and Tonnelson of the anti-union US Business and Industrial Council.

-Chip

----- Original Message ----- From: Brad De Long <delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 2:10 PM Subject: Re: What Nader fails to understand