POLITICAL PRISONER ALBERT "NUH" WASHINGTON IS TERMINALLY ILL SUPPORT HIS RELEASE!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 8 15:48:07 PST 2000

[taboo problem]

From: Michael Hoover <hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us> Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:58:30 -0500 (EST)

Albert Nuh Washington was member of the Black Panther Party who went underground with Black Liberation Army when FBI's COINTELPRO operation targeted black militants for arrest on trumped up charges. When captured, Washington, along with Herman Bell and Jalil Muntagim were charged with 1971 murder of two New York City police officers.

First trial of New York 3 ended in hung jury. Second trial, however, resulted in conviction of all three despite fact that FBI ballistic tests indicated that bullets from alleged murder weapon didn't match those found at scene.

Chief gov't witness has now admitted that he lied on witness stand after having a cattle prod repeatedly rammed against his testicles. Other gov't witnesses have stated that prosecution threatened to take their children away if they did not give false testimony. Several years ago, federal district judge agreed that NYC police detective purged himself in claiming that FBI had not been involved in case.

Despite above, Washington's 1998 motion for new trial was denied. Michael Hoover