Re Why Green Party Betrayed the Party

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 9 09:54:11 PST 2000

Jonathan Nack via Nathan wrote:
>Then, a week before Bock announced she had re-registered, she informed the
Greens at a County Council meeting that she had accepted two corporate donations, each for $500, from Chevron and Tosco.

I've temped at Tosco. A few weeks ago, to a fellow "temp" at the help desk (all half a dozen of them are temps, some have been for 2+ yrs.) I showed my co-worker an article in the San Fransisco Chronicle about the measly fine Tosco had to pay from the latest refinery explosion, which killed a few workers. He asked who were the main protesters orgs. When I said, Citizens For a Better Environment and a much more militant, anti-enviro racism, grass roots group, West County Toxics Coalition gopher://gopher.igc.apc.org/00/pubs/envcolor94/usa/71%09%09%2B , he chuckled and said Tosco gives lotsa money to CBE.

Michael Pugliese