Breaking Butterflies & Poisoning Wells

Wed Feb 9 12:55:01 PST 2000

>>> Chuck0 <chuck at tao.ca> 02/08/00 11:37PM >>
My theory is that they dropped their involvement during the quiet years when Mumia's appeals wound their way through the Pennsylvania court system. Other progressive groups dropped their involvement too, because the situation wasn't dire for Mumia. It was during this period that the sectarian Left groups moved in.

&&&&&&&&&

CB: I recall "sectarian" Left groups as the only ones raising the Mumia case in earlier years. I remember a small communist group bringing the Mumia case to a National Lawyers' Guild Convention in about 1986 or 87 to be part of a free all political prisoners campaign. I am not arguing for sectarianism, but they were there before the more "non-sectarian" groups.

CB