Balanced budget question

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Feb 9 14:02:13 PST 2000

Try the web site of The Century Foundation (formerly 20th century Fund). There is a link at epn.org.

I think you're referring to the various petitions opposing a Balanced Budget Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Max Sawicky EPI

I vaguely remember from some years ago a statement (mailed on Pen-L?) by hundreds of US economists (including some Nobel prize winners) against the idea that government deficits and debts have to be reduced to zero. If anybody knows a site where I can find this (and possibly other documents on this question) I would be grateful - we're getting the same discussion now in The Netherlands.

Robert Went