Manufacturing Consent (Chomsky) on TV tonight and tomorrowow

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 10 11:15:12 PST 2000

John Halle wrote:

> Thanks for this. However, I'm curious as to how you got the impression
> there is the slightest interest in Chomsky's ideas on this list.

I count 10 works of Chomsky on the bookshelf behind me, and I don't think that's all I own. I disagree with his anti-bolshevik politics and with his (I think ultimately) platonizing linguistics -- but he is still, as someone said, a national treasure. His works add up to close to an Encyclopedia of Imperialism.

Carrol