the C

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 10 12:13:43 PST 2000

Charles Brown wrote:

>CB: If you were designing our governmental structure, what would be
>the main features different from the U.S. system ? Would you say the
>U.S. system , theoretcially and actually, is better than Cuba's ?
>China's ? Is there any in the world that you prefer to the U.S.
>system ?

Well I supposed I'd prefer a parliamentary system rather than the three branches Justin loves so much. I do, however, cherish freedom of speech, assembly, and the rest, and I don't believe those prevail in China or Cuba (though there are other virtues Cuba can claim - high levels of education and health, an admirable anti-racist tradition, to name two).

Doug