DLC poll data, "Vital Center" or Dead Center?

Apsken at aol.com Apsken at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 14:13:12 PST 2000

Michael Pugliese asked,

> And I see, Ken Lawrence, participating again, any comments on Bill
> Bradley using the "white skin privilege" line? And Cornel West tailing
> Bradley?

Do you remember when Lyndon Johnson thrust his fist into the air and declared, "We Shall Overcome!"? Marxists must expect this as the price of every success. Any revolutionary demand risks becoming a reform unless dual power ensues, and any reform can become its opposite. But perhaps the negation of the negation will carry the struggle against white skin privilege to a new level. As for Cornel West, I've never seen anything from him that smacks of revolutionary commitment, nor of links to masses of ordinary people anywhere.

Ken Lawrence