P.S. Re Paul Churchland and eliminativism.

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Thu Feb 10 16:28:25 PST 2000

>>Susan Haack
in her wonderful *Evidence and Inquiry* (the best book in epistemology since Bonjour and Goldmann) reduces Rorty, Stich,Churchlands, neopragmatism and a whole host of others to nothing. She argues for an old fashioned combo of coherence and foundationalism.

I'm not a reducitonist so I don't think that ,even in principle, neuroscience can give anything of an explanation about macrophenomena (the economy,history etc.)