Manufacturing Consent (Chomsky) on TV tonight and tomorrowow

Gary Bramstedt gbfoto at best.com
Thu Feb 10 19:49:58 PST 2000

John Halle wrote:

> I'm curious as to how you got the impression there is the slightest
> interest in Chomsky's ideas on this list.
>
> Best,
>
> John

Sorry, John...

I can't understand how anyone would be on this list without a basic exposure to at least some of Chomsky's work. Is your skepticism based on disagreement with his writings or the fact that his name/efforts don't appear more often?

(Later) As Rosanna Rosandana used to say, "Sorry..." I just located your post from last month:

"This raises the question as to why Chomsky's ideas... are virtually never cited when "leftists" concern themselves with larger issues... "

I would guess your concern is more with the latter than the former. If so, I share your skepticism with the my edited version of your earlier post.

glb