Strange Behavior?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 10 23:15:57 PST 2000

I think one or two posters in the last week or so raised the question (as one needing systematic response) of how one was to explain strange human behavior.

What strange behavior? I don't know of any human activity which can be called strange. Strange would be something a human would not / could not do or think -- but if a human thinks/does it, then it can be done by a human, so it isn't strange.

The question is utterly absurd?

The more relevant question should be, why has the superstition of "strange behavior" gained such widespread acceptance? Any doctrine of the existence of "strange behavior" can defend itself only by recourse to pure Platonism.

Carrol