[Fwd: Re: Strange Behavior?]

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Fri Feb 11 19:03:12 PST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:52:54 -0500 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Reporter: What is?
> Karl Marx: Struggle.
> By struggle we will make the rejection of the concept of normativity
> the norm for participation in our conversation.

This makes struggle itself normative in an important way. And Zizek couldn't have written it better himself. Didn't I mention before that we were in complete agreement about this? - Lacan is evil - politics *is* struggle, struggle is the place where the question of normativity is disputed.

For Yoshie

"I have always depended on the solidarity of strangers."

For Kelley

I await your triumphant masterpiece -

"Everything you've ever wanted to know about Zizek,

but were afraid to ask Durkheim"

ken