Zizek = the Third Way (was Re: Zizek on Haider)

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 12 10:22:21 PST 2000

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:41:57 -0500 Apsken at aol.com wrote:

> Kenneth Mackendrick wrote,
> > *Some* anti-racists derive enjoyment from calling out racism - anti-racism
> > "from on high" as it were. . . . It's really important to
> > be able to distinguish what drives an ideological position.

> This is especially offensive, coming as it does from one who postures so
> righteously that he feels no obligation to express a lick of solidarity for
> those on the front lines of stuggle against racism, or its victims, but
> instead spins absurd programs for them from the safety of his (very aloof,
> very safe, very white) tower "on high."

Sigh. Are you saying that all ideologies escape the snare of reproducing themselves? or are you saying that I should just shut my face in this particular instance?

As for solidarity, you have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. We're just talking here, tossing around ideas and strategies, comparing notes.

lapsus alumni, ken