Zizek = the Third Way (was Re: Zizek on Haider)

Apsken at aol.com Apsken at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 13:41:09 PST 2000

> OK, I'm being attacked either for 1) not being sufficiently familiar with
> the information which CAQ has made available about the extreme and
> corrosive reactionary stands which opus dei has taken or 2) for engaging
> in "hate-filled anti-Catholicism" by failing to understand that opus dei
> is not so bad after all.
>
> These charges are, of course, mutually exclusive.
>
> Can we reach some consensus on what I'm being charged with and then I'll
> respond.

No, you are being charged with making irresponsible accusations, asserting that people hold or do not hold positions you attribute to them, based on no evidence whatever, in order to deflect discussion away from the subjects under debate -- in short, with being unscrupulous and unprincipled.

Ken Lawrence