Calling the Other Out

Kayakhatch at aol.com Kayakhatch at aol.com
Sat Feb 12 19:40:24 PST 2000

I think Carol is saying that it's a waste of time and resources trying to persuade those who are hopeless in the first place. My understanding of basic grassroots organizing is to first identify those who agree with your cause and mobilize them first. With their help and infuence you then move on to those who can be educated about the cause and then won over to it. It's almost a waste of time and resources to win influence from those who benifit from the way things are and fanatically appose change. I don't think Carol is advocating that activists preach to the quire.

Brad Hatch