Moon Pie (was: Re: Zizek = the Third Way)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 14 16:23:41 PST 2000

John Halle wrote:
>By the way, I seem
>to remember something about a >Warhol/Hitler connection through the
>Sedgewick family?

Hmm! I read the last bits of the Plimpton book on Edie Sedgewick, years ago. Don't remember that. My Mom read the whole thing, I'll ask her. Reminescent of Bowie's comments on Britain needing a fascist dictator, Clapton on the National Front, or the derivation of the name of the band, Joy Division. Or the antics of industrial musician Boyd Rice of Current 93, or the murderous activities of a death-metal band in Sweden that was also involved in the neo-nazi scene there. (Cf. Michael Moynihan book on this.)

On other fronts, the new Brill's Content has a critical piece on John Stossel of ABC (does that stand for Anything But the truth about Capitalism?), the new New Yorker has Jon Lee Anderson on Fidel, the new Against The Current quotes our own Marta Russell from lbo-list in a footnote from a post last winter, and I've got a letter in the latest People's Weekly World from the CPUSA, (note to Mom, that FBI file just had another page added, love, Michael) which natch has another piece in the commies shilling for Hillary! dept. (And forget the lyrics [Capt. Jack] , playing any Billy Joel-well except Allentown- at a campaign event? For that the Hillary! campaign outta get a headline in the NY Post, for bad taste. It's bad enough Bill likes Kenny G.

Michael Pugliese