lbo-talk-digest V1 #2541

Curtiss Leung bofftagstumper at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 19:26:02 PST 2000

Doug asked:

> Is Lou Reed a fascist?

"Valerie Solanis took three steps pointing at the floor "Valerie Solanis waved her gun pointing at the floor "From inside her idiot madness spoke and bang "Andy fell onto the floor

"And I believe life's serious enough for retribution "I believe being sick is no excuse and "I believe I would've pulled the switch on her myself"

Lou Reed, "I Believe" from _Songs for Drella_

The Velvets wrote some great music, and I like the stuff on _Songs for Drella_, but I can't understand the sentiment he expresses in those as anything but barbarism raised to universal principle. -- Curtiss __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com