The Price of Globalization

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 06:09:11 PST 2000

<< Congress created OSHA in 1970, agency likes to take credit for

reductions in lead poisoning, brown lung disease, and aggregate deaths

on job, but work-related illnesses and deaths have actually increased

in some industries during last 3 decades... >>

Oops. However, I wouldn't blame the desperately understaffed and underpowered OSHA for the increase in some industries--now without more evidence, anyway. I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with the generally overall positive trend posted in those figures. Maybe not, it was just speculation. --jks