round the bend

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 06:16:39 PST 2000

<< And remember Elvis Costello wanted to call his album, "Armed Forces, "

"Friendly Fascism" instead. Now he sings duets with Burt Bachrach and is

gonna do Hart and Hammerstein. Say it ain't so...

Hart and Hammerstein? You yean Rogers & Hammerstein, or Rogers & Hart and Rogers & Hammerstein?

You want a terrible confession about the white male middle-aged middle class totally uncool old boys list on LBO, I mainly listen to Porter, Rogers & Hart (not Hammerstein, generally), Arlen, Harburg, Berlin, etc., in the form of classic jazz and pop. My daughter (age 10) is disgusted, and, just to replay my own parent's attitude, I think the top 40 stuff she listens to is dreck. So, aint we risible. --jks