Moon Pie and dealing with wackos/ Slanderous Paranoia

Tue Feb 15 10:30:46 PST 2000

Please know that I for one do not in the least think that you are the victim of some alleged threat from the great Ken Lawrence, as implied in your statement below. Your fear is unfounded paranoia and there is slander of Ken Lawrence in your claims and innuendo that he threatened you.

What you should do is stop talking like a third grader with hurt feelings.

Charles Brown

>>> John Halle <john.halle at yale.edu> 02/14/00 09:02PM >>>
Hi all,

You were very helpful in my previous exchange with this character. Thanks for the reassurances that I was not under the thread of immediate harm. There are actually one or two useful points to discuss here, the ranting aside (btw is he on the bottle?) but I don't really want to pursue them if all that they will elicit is no productive interchange and just another outpouring of bile.

He does manage to completely miss the substantive point of my post which is precisely that which he thinks is likely, namely that some of us "will surely be left by the wayside as the new insurgency gathers steam." My argument was that's not necessarily a bad thing.

As for his personal attacks, it would seem that he would applaud if my postings are succeeding in further "blemishing Yale's reputation as a center of learning." I certainly feel that few things would do the world more good than for Yale's reputation to be permanently blemished. Some of us are doing our part: a house master is about to stand trial for multiple counts of sexual assault on a minor, and a former political science faculty member is the one named suspect in the murder of a student. Sorry I can't do this well; I'm just making my small contribution here.

Anyway, what do I do?

Love, John