Five Easy Pieces on the Economics of Tax Justice

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Feb 16 13:58:15 PST 2000

Excellent piece, Max. Clear and interesting. Three questions:

1. Where's Fig 1?

2. What's the long version got that this one doesn't?

3. I'm a little baffled by your description of the flat tax. You say "The flat tax need not be flat. Workers could be taxed under multiple, graduated rates, as under the personal income tax." I'm not quite sure I understand. How would this differ from a graduated income tax? And how could it be sold to anyone as a flat tax?