Rich overthrow government for themselves

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Thu Feb 17 10:57:35 PST 2000

Hi,

This Huffington baloney is an example of right wing populism...specifically the use of populist rhetoric in an intra-elite struggle. Cooper should indeed know better, but Pacifica has been suckered by right wing populist scams repeatedly over the past few years. The weirdest example was the right wing conspiracy theorest--Craig Hulet--they featured as an analyst for the Gulf War. But then Jerry Brown uses populist rhetoric to mask his regressive economic views.

-Chip

----- Original Message ----- From: Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2000 1:54 PM Subject: Rich overthrow government for themselves