Moon Pie and dealing with wackos/ Slanderous Paranoia

John Halle john.halle at yale.edu
Thu Feb 17 20:26:14 PST 2000

> Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:05:08 -0500
> From: "Chip Berlet" <cberlet at igc.org>
> Subject: Re: Moon Pie and dealing with wackos/ Slanderous Paranoia
>

> What substantive matter at hand? We are still waiting for you to explain why
> you think you can get away with misrepresenting the views of Ken and me, and
> then whining like a spoiled brat when we criticize you for it. How can Ken
> and I engage you in a discussion when you use these tactics?
>
> - -Chip

Hi Chip,

Glad that you're interested in hearing my views on these matters.

I will consider responding when you deal with the two postings of mine from weeks ago that you evidentally didn't think were worth troubling with at the time.

However, even then I probably won't.

Rather than providing evidence that I have misrepresented the views of you and your clique, you have resorted to the sort of personal attacks that I mentioned previously and that are, alas, all too typical of a particular failed model of activism--a subject which I hope will continue to be discussed in another thread. Given this fact, I don't feel that our exchanges are productive either for us, or useful for the other participants on the list. I'm surprised that you don't agree.

I could be convinced otherwise but only with reasonable arguments.

Best,

John