Labor Party and April 16 anti-IMF/World Bank protests

Andrew English aenglish at igc.org
Fri Feb 18 08:12:11 PST 2000

FYI- Washington DC demonstrations against IMF and World Bank.

-Andy English

-----Original Message----- From: aucad at dclink.com <aucad at dclink.com> To: Recipients of conference <labr.party at conf.igc.apc.org> Date: Thursday, February 17, 2000 12:33 PM Subject: The Battle After Seattle, putting the heat on the IMF/World Bank

>Dear labor party list members,
>
>Hundreds of activists in the Washington DC area - including dozens of Labor
>Party members and the Metro Labor Council - have been meeting to plan
series
>of demonstrations that will take the Battle In Seattle to DC and to the
>doorsteps of the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the White
>House and Congress. April 16 is targeted as the the key event, with others
>on April 17 and other days. These days coincide with IMF/World Bank
>meetings. See www.a16.com for details.
>
>We in the DC Metro-area Labor Party are planning a political reception in
>the evening of April 16 (LP national organizer Tony Mazzocchi has
tentatively agreed to attend and