Chomsky speaks

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Feb 18 11:13:23 PST 2000

"C. G. Estabrook" wrote:

> Chomsky's position on "humanitarian
> intervention" --especially in regard to the US -- is well-known. He
> points out the US's (undeniable) culpability in order that his fellow
> citizens demand that it cease its continuous, culpable actions.

I remember at the 1968 MLA convention some idiot getting up from the audience to interrupt a Chomsky speech screaming that Chomsky was a sell-out. The reasons change, but the slanders of Chomsky go on and on. As a marxist I have some strong disagreements with Chomsky's political theory -- but I wish I had several hundred more Chomskys to disagree with.

Carrol