Paul Weyrich says McCain a "Manchurian Candidate"

jlgulick at sfo.com jlgulick at sfo.com
Fri Feb 18 13:54:38 PST 2000

M Pugilese relays from the Wash Post:

> Now Paul Weyrich, a sachem of modern social conservatism, discerns a
> novel bat in the attic. McCain, he suggests, could be a Manchurian
> candidate, arguably the first Republican presidential candidate sponsored
> by Hanoi.

So that explains McCain's defiantly racist "gook" remark -- (I'm no fan of so-called identity politics, but this is one slur which must not go uncontested, so vile and unremitting is the "reform Republican" about it).

John Gulick

(P.S. -- Doug, I know this is my 4th message of the day -- please show a little mercy, I'm just getting my feet wet after years of self-imposed exile ...)