Patriotism

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Fri Feb 18 20:06:39 PST 2000

Carrol used the word 'patriot' the other day (but I've now lost the post and can't quote exactly -- Carrol if you have the post would you resend it?) and it has left me wondering what is 'patriotism'? It is to me a completely foreign concept and it must not just be me, because I rarely run into it on left lists. I'm not sure I've ever seen it before on LBO.

So what is patriotism? Is there a left form of it?

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com

I am a patriot, I love my country Because my country, is all I know.

-Little Steven Van Zandt