Fwd: Lennon funded terrorists and Trotskyists [Free Republic]

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 20 15:28:44 PST 2000

In the early seventies, Ramparts reprinted the Tariq Ali interview with Lennon. From that I've always assumed John would've supported the IMG, rather than the WRP. International Marxist Group was Tariq's group if I recall. And at least the London Times didn't say , "Trotskyites."! The late Congressman Larry McDonald had it in his fevered mind that the SWP here was part of an int'l. terror apparatus. Once at the Hoover Institute I had a good laugh over reading some report he had authored. BTW, what ever happened to the files of Western Goals, the private intelligence gathering organization he founded? Chip probably knows, or rads in L.A. The ACLU in Southern Ca., sued over the LAPD, PDID and Western Goals spying in the 70's. The ADL scandal later, in terms of the volume of intelligence gathered, wasn't as major as this earlier scandal.

Michael Pugliese