FROP etc

Mon Feb 21 11:42:47 PST 2000

>>> "Nathan Newman" <nathan.newman at yale.edu> 02/20/00 08:43AM
Actually I think I've got it now. You like to play Lucy with the football, don't you. Really, I promise Charlie Brown, I want to know how marxian and bourgeios categories differ. What is it that marxian categories can help us understand that we don't get from bourgeios categories. Won't you tell me Charlie Brown, huh? And, too, how come profit rates haven't been falling Charlie Brown? Doesn't that mean Marx was wrong? Well if FROP is not a theory of terminal crisis, what is it then Charlie Brown? Huh? I really want to know. You have my rapt attention, I promise.

The audition for the role of Charlie Brown answering Doug's questions is now open.

CB: Actually my name is Charlie Brown. And I found out that the Peanuts cartoon started on October 2, 1950 and I was born on October 3, 1950. And I used to have a girl friend named Lucy , and she had red hair. And I used to have a dog that was a sort of mut-Beagle. And I am a baseball player, and though I am good , not poor like Charlie Brown, I didn't win an ultimate championship until this past October, about the time that Chas. Schulz announced the end of his column.

And I am a Marxist who keeps explaining Marx's theories.

However, I do like to think that after a couple of times of Lucy pulling the football away, I move on to someone else.

Charles Brown