bull market reasoning (corrected)

jlgulick at sfo.com jlgulick at sfo.com
Mon Feb 21 11:57:12 PST 2000

No doubt a lot of Wall Street money is flowing into high-tech stocks b/c of reasonable expectations of future profits, current asset-earnings ratios be damned. And you're also right to point out that some correct guesses will be richly rewarded, and some other wrong guesses will be sternly punished. But isn't a lot of liquid capital flowing into high-tech stocks simply b/c there's no better place to park it (in part b/c of E. Asian doldrums/strong dollar), and this engenders an upward spiral of speculation, unrelated to "reasonable expectations" (i.e. your classic bubble) ?

John Gulick