FROP etc

John Gulick jlgulick at sfo.com
Mon Feb 21 16:24:00 PST 2000

Kelly sez:

>i don't know where anyone got the impression that the frankfurter's or
>habermas posited some fundamental break!?

John sez:

In the selfish interest of clearing my (good ?) name, I didn't mean to imply that critical theory types detected a "fundamental break" between Marx's "German" and "English" works (that was Althusser, right, although of course he preferred the "sceintific" and "non-anthropological" character of the latter). Anyway, sorry for my sloppy sentence construction and my casual name-dropping in the service of my argument on FROP and the latent teleology/theory of history it contains.

John G.