Fwd: Re: bull market reasoning

Tue Feb 22 10:31:11 PST 2000

> of (physical) capital. In any case, we're agreed that the investment is
> (largely) external, implying that whoever's balance sheet it shows up on,
> it shouldn't be that of the company that spent the cash.

Daniel, I really don't understand such matters. I think I am in Brad's kill file, so maybe he'll respond to you. If research, etc. is an externality, it won't show up on anyone's balance sheet, no? This leads to underestimation of the accumulation of (human) capital on which profit expectations are based.

yrs, rakesh