<no subject>

Bill Cochrane billc at waikato.ac.nz
Tue Feb 22 06:56:13 PST 2000

Phone/Fax (07) 8384798 E-Mail billc at waikato.ac.nz

G'dday Due to recent changes in the leadership of our equivalent of your AFL-CIO, the NZCTU, a lot of interest is being generated here in the various initiatives that US unions have under taken recently, particularly the Organising model of unions, as opposed to the service model. What I'm interested in is any general information on the US experience of this model and also information regarding more specific programs such as LA MAP. It would be nice to if people gave me some kind of feed back on how this has all worked out in practice as we have heard accounts ranging from the triumphal to the disasterous. For what its worth me and my masters (they own half of me) in the Center for Labour and Trade Union Studies would be wildly happy for any assistance you could give us. cheers Bill Cochrane University of Waikato Private Bag Hamilton New Zealand