CoD (was Re: Zizek = the Third Way (was Re: Zizek on Haider))

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Feb 24 09:20:38 PST 2000

I thought it was light.

Had the old cliche, guy who doesn't give a shit turns into guy ready to sacrifice his life for a good cause. Had the hollywood feel-good ending. Improbable plot line (you can have our gold, just let us conduct our counter-insurgency).

The politics may be open to criticism (i.e., re: humanitarian intervention), but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been a good film. The politics of On the Waterfront are pretty bad, but it's still a great movie.

mbs

BTW, why do you like _Three Kings_? The movie is an argument for a "humanitarian intervention"! Is Carl Remick the only LBO-Talker who didn't like the film?

Yoshie