McCain's Policy Team The Few, The Informal

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Feb 25 06:36:18 PST 2000

McCain's Policy Team: The Few, The InformalWhat is the rep of the economists mentioned . . . . . . The McCain operation is low-budget and ad-hoc by comparison. Kevin Hassett

KH co-authored "Dow 30,000" or something like that with pundit Robert No Relation Samuelson. Slightly wacky. I mentioned him here before for not being aware of the "S" in OASDI.

. . . Jeremy Siegel of the University of Pennsylvania, Greg Mankiw of Harvard, Charles Calomiris of Columbia and Doug Holtz-Eakin of Syracuse . . .

Don't know anything about Siegel or Calomiris. Mankiw is well-regarded conservative macro guy and textbook author.

Dougie H-E on the list is a bit of a surprize. He's a smart public finance guy. I wasn't aware he was a Repug. I've been a discussant on two of his papers and whacked him both times. What goes around will come around, no doubt.

mbs