IMF/WB overhaul

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Fri Feb 25 07:24:09 PST 2000

Lisa & Ian Murray wrote:

> >Hey, the anarchist marching band is practicing this weekend for A16.
> Chuck0
>
> I trust they'll be wearing those fine cossack caps and boots their brothers
> and sisters were wearing on N30.

Yeah, those were interesting costumes. I think we'll do something different, because our fashion sense is better than the Eugene anarchists. We're urban anarchists.

We may have found a baton twirler though!

I feel sorry for the poor DC cops. They think the A16 participants are going to talk to them about our plans. How do you negotiate with people who will gas you without provocation?

I'm hoping that more and more activists will start rejecting the practice of getting parade and demonstration permits from the cops. After all, the constitution of the U.S> doesn't say "you have freedom of speech, but only with a permit."

-- << Chuck0 >> Homepage: http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/ Mid-Atlantic Infoshop: http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review: http://flag.blackened.net/apr/

Free Leonard Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe