WFP & HRC

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 25 07:44:52 PST 2000

Yes. Evidently labor Democrats are easily persuaded by pretty words spoken to a labor audience. They get out their checkbooks, set up their phonebanks, and don't seem to notice when actual policymaking pokes them in the eye.

Didn't Bill Clinton make his promise to allow same-sexers into the military before an audience of rich G/Ls? They got out their checkbooks and ended up with a stupid policy and more actual expulsions than before. I detect a pattern.

Doug