27-1

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Feb 25 08:07:07 PST 2000

NY is unique in that the state bucks Medicaid down to the city. This is long-standing. I don't know if any other cities have this responsibility.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Brad De Long Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 9:40 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: 27-1

>"In New York, a draft proposal of Governor-elect George Pataki's
>administration calls for a cut of over $1 billion in Medicaid, while Mayor
>Rudolph Giuliani proposed a 25 percent reduction in Medicaid and other
>help for the poor.

How does a mayor propose a 25% cut in Medicaid?

Brad DeLong