Liberal Democracy (was Robert Mundell: Genius unbound)

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Fri Feb 25 11:40:22 PST 2000

Dace wrote:

> Also,
> Europe's well-being (like ours) is due in large part to exploitation of
> southern countries.

Sorry, I missed this. I have asked this question before, and got no response: What percentage of European social spending are/have been since WWII/do you expect to be/ profits extracted by European multinationals from Third World countries? A rough estimate will do. Feel free to use, say, hours of necessary labor rather than dollar-denominated trade balances.

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique