Commodification of Dissent and the SI

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Feb 26 00:39:21 PST 2000

Ken:

>and someone else said that in a world of shit, some navel gazing
>should be expected (as a necessary condition for survival).

Navel-gazing in the Uriah-Heep-mode ("everyone is so 'umble and so insistent that everyone else be so 'umble") is neither fun nor political. If late modern philosophy were really just fun and proclaimed as such, I got no objection to it. However, normally it is presented as more radical politics than Marxism, and that is false.

Now, go argue with Terry Eagleton and have fun.

Yoshie