Brutal Verdict

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Feb 26 11:32:44 PST 2000

Curtiss Leung wrote:

> >From the salon.com story:
>
> > But Giuliani's own personal growth soon gave way to
> > a barely-concealed sense of vindication. While 150
> > miles away in Albany the Rev. Al Sharpton was
> > imploring that "not one brick or bottle be thrown,"
> > the mayor took the occasion to lash out at "people
> > who protest against the police, and blame them for
> > every ill in society."
>
> "Not one brick or bottle be thrown"? And this from
> the same man who threatened a "Long hot summer" over
> Tawana Brawley? If there was ever a reason to employ
> the "critique the the cobblestone," this would be it.
> --
> Curtiss

He's a scumbag opportunist. What do you expect him to say?

Is it resignation that is preventing folks from going out and torching cop cars?

I hope this acquittal gets some folks in working class off the fence and into the streets. They need to take them back from the violent police.

<< Chuck0 >> Homepage: http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/ Mid-Atlantic Infoshop: http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review: http://flag.blackened.net/apr/ ICQ# 62766441

Free Leonard Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe