Fischer: friend of the poor

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Feb 26 23:36:27 PST 2000

John Gulick wrote:

>Also, article seems to rebut what I asserted earlier -- candidates for
>IMF top dog are ex-central bankers and multilateral bureaucrats, not
>private sector financial K types ...

The dreadful Michael Prowse, who turned from a right social democrat into a raving libertarian when the Financial Times moved him from London to Washington in the early 1990s, had a piece in the FT the other day arguing that the next IMF boss should be a markets guy, a la Rubin, rather than a CBer/bureaucrat, a la Camdessus.

Doug