Liberal Democracy (was Robert Mundell: Genius unbound)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 27 10:31:42 PST 2000

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>I should like to see someone present a rigorous analysis of replacement
>costs of oil and all other imports from the poor nations.

The major oil exporting countries are not poor. Many are creditors of the United States, in fact.

By the way, someone pointed out to me the other day that Mexico, one of the poorer oil-exporting countries, is now probably hurt on balance by high oil prices, since it damages its exports of cars and other manufactured goods.

Doug