Kinko's Anarchists (was Re: IMF/WB and the WTO ruling)

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Mon Feb 28 07:12:43 PST 2000

Daniel Davies wrote:
> >I think there's a market here, and that the anarchist community is being
> >poorly served. What's needed is an employment agency to match up surly
> >uncooperative anarchists with well-paying jobs in companies whose customers
> >expect, nay demand to be served by anarchists.

Yoshie Furuhashi:
> Surly? Uncooperative? Anarchist youths in Columbus tend to be _much
> politer & more mature_ than apolitical boys & girls their age. For truly
> surly & uncooperative attitudes, look for well-groomed, well-heeled
> Business majors in frat houses who are reduced to taking some courses in
> the Humanities against their wills by the General Education Requirements at
> the OSU, for instance.

But the squares would _expect_ them to be surly and uncooperative. And being cooperative -- the first rule of anarchy being you've got to get along together without a cop to beat you into good order -- they'd be eager to help out. So this is a definite opportunity. However, there might not be enough anarchists, especially ones tough enough to endure long stays in the hinterlands, so perhaps a training program for ambitious, qualified frat boys could be set up. Master anarchists could be flown in for intensive one-week immersion courses.

Gordon