Sleeper on Diallo

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 28 12:30:33 PST 2000

But it surely is racism to generalise from the high correlation of non-white skin with violent crime to any non-white person is likely to be a violent criminal. This is not taking rational precautions in a violence-prone neighbourhood, it is out-and-out racism. Even if this argument were reasonable, which it is not, it does nothing to explain why 41 shots were fired and 19 into the cops' innocent victim. What is the rationalisation given for that? I understand that four jurors were black women but that there was no real conflict among the jurors about the verdict.

Ken Hanly